Specialist Tradesman Insurance

Specialist Business Insurance

If you have a high risk business due to the nature of the work you are engaged in, then getting insurance cover can be tricky. Specialist business insurance is a niche product area but it is available for such diverse businesses as scaffolding erectors, welders, window cleaners, aerial and satellite erectors to ground workers and builders.

All businesses need, by law, to have suitable Public Liability and Employer Lability Insurance cover. Additionally, if you are engaged in a trade or profession, then you may need to also consider Tradesman’s Insurance cover or Professionals’
Indemnity Insurance.

Public Liability Insurance provides cover in the event of claims arising due to damage to property, injury or death to people that arise from actions or negligence by you or your employees. There are minimum levels of cover required and a specialist insurance broker can advise you accordingly.

Employer Liability Insurance provides financial cover for your employees and protects against employee claims arising from accidents or injury both in the workplace and whilst travelling on business. It also provides cover in the event of employee contractual or employment disputes or claims. Tradesman’s Insurance covers any tools or equipment that are damaged, stolen or lost either on, or off of, work sites.

Professional Indemnity Insurance provides financial cover for claims arising from customers or suppliers due to negligence or alledged poor quality of work. In all cases, you will need to disclose upfront whether you have had prior claims or criminal convictions. Failure to do so could invalidate any insurance cover you purchase.