• All types of business insurance
  • Where Brokers come to You
  • Fast efficient service

Holiday Home Insurance

Holiday Home Insurance

A holiday home faces the same risks in terms of fire, flood, theft, etc. as any other home, and so requires buildings and contents insurance in the same way. Buildings insurance should be sufficient to cover the cost of structural repairs and in the worst case scenario, the complete rebuilding of your holiday home and typically includes cover for fixtures and fittings, such as those found in kitchens and bathrooms as well. If you only use your holiday once or twice a year, and possibly rent it out to other holidaymakers in the interim, it is unlikely that you will leave many expensive personal effects behind, but if you do, make sure that your contents insurance covers the cost of replacement.

Owners of holiday homes abroad face the added complications of foreign building standards, legal systems, etc. not to mention the sheer distance involved, if anything does go wrong. If a holiday home is to be let in your absence, there are further insurance considerations. If this is the case, your holiday home insurance policy should include an element of public liability insurance to protect you against any claims for the death, or injury, of anyone on your property and cover for loss of rent, in the event that your property becomes uninhabitable due to fire, flood, etc.

In terms of obtaining a quote for holiday home insurance, most insurance companies of note have their own easily navigable website and there are a number of comparison websites, which allow you to receive multiple quotes without needing to enter your details over and over again. Bear in mind, though, that such sites may not reflect the whole of the holiday home insurance market, so it does pay to shop around, even if this means approaching insurance providers directly.